Monday, October 10, 2011

First Post. EEEK

I have decided that it is time for me to start blogging about anything and everything. I have always wanted to have a blog, I just never had the time to do it. Now I do. This blog is probably going to be really random but it's for me. To help me keep track of all the interesting or not so interesting things that go on in this spicy life of mine. Follow or don't. I hope to inspire at least one person. So, lets get this blog started on the right foot. My mom and I are obsessed with going to estate sales. Every Saturday we map the sales out on mapquest, grab a coffee and hit the road to find the best treasures there are. Old and Used! A couple weeks ago we were doing the usual. We came across a couple old ugly candle sticks and a hot tray thing. We had a vision, thanks to www.pinterest.com These two old items were about to become an awesome center piece for my table in my room. Let the magic begin.
I sanded the two down so that the paint would have something to stick to. My stepdad had to help me with the next part. attaching the candle stick to the hot plate. He screwed the two together.
Ahh, the next two steps werepretty simple- prime and spray paint light blue.
It turned out perfect and looks amazing on my table runner. (estate sale treasure- $2.00) okay, so my I write how I talk and I know it needs improvement but it will come. Let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment