Friday, October 14, 2011

Recipes Tried & True: Loaded Baked Potato Dip

Loaded Baked Potato Dip
Original Recipe from Kraft with a few modifications!!!



Every thing you need for this delicious appetizer or side dish:
     1 cup instant potatoe flakes
     1 cup milk
     8 oz creme cheese (I use fat free)
     16 oz sour cream ( I use fat free)
     8 oz bag of shredded cheese ( I use colby jack)
     2.8 oz bag of real bacon bits
     1 package of hidden valley ranch dip or dressing mix  (3 tbsp)
     4 green onions
     1 bag of Ritz toasted chip crackers (original)



Easy Prep:  Preheat oven to 350*
  •      Mix potatoe flakes with milk in large bowl, let stand for 5 min
  •      Chop green onions while waiting.       
  •      Combine sourcream with ranch dip mix.  Blend well.
  •      Add softened cream cheese and sourcream to potatoes.


  •      Stir in shredded cheese, bacon bits and green onions (saving a little of each )
  •      Spoon into large casserole dish or two  9" pie plates. (I spray mine with pam)
 

     I always make two, one for my family and one for my mom & dad!!
     Everybody LOVES this!!

  •      Top with remaining cheese, bacon bits & green onions.  
  •      Bake 15-20 min. until cheese is melted and warmed through. 
  •      Serve with crackers as an appetizer and it also makes a great side dish!!



  
     





No comments:

Post a Comment