Saturday, October 22, 2011


Salsa in a heartbeat!!



I have been making this salsa for 15 years. It is my go to recipe for any party I attend.  Whenever I ask  what I can bring the answer is always the same!! BRING YOUR SALSA!! No problem. I make it so often I can whip it up in 10 minutes.  It's a total of 7 ingredients and a cinch to make.  So here it is, my famous recipe for salsa.  NO SECRETS here.




                                                       7 simple ingredients

28 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
11 oz can of mexican corn (regular corn is fine too)
4 oz can of diced green chile's
1 package of taco seasoning
1 bunch of green onions
fresh cilantro
jalapeno slices



Easy prep

Drain corn and pour into food processor. (I use the bullet, it works great for this recipe)
Add green onions (the whole bunch)  and cilantro  (I use about 1/4 of a cup)
Process on high until smooth.


Drain tomatoes and pour into a blender.
Add green chile's, taco seasoning & jalapenos. (about 1/8 of a cup)
Add corn mixture and blend on high.


Sample, add more jalapenos and salt to taste!!


Happy Hour now begins!!

Serve with margaritas and everyone's  happy !!

P.S. This recipe makes about 5 cups, not sure how long this will last in the frig.  I never have any left over.  I am sure it can be kept for a few days at least.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment