Thursday, October 13, 2011

Separated at Birth

My stepdad, Jerry found this piece of furniture in Chicago at a flea market in 1998. It has been in my mom's house since 2001 and we are especially fond of it.
We were never quite sure what to call it. A mantle? A few weeks ago my mom and I were out shopping at estate sales in Kansas City. We came across this beauty.
My mom almost passed it up. In fact, we didn't even buy it the day we found it. This buffet was only $125. I begged her to spilt it with me and find a place to store it until I had a house of my own. Sunday, my mom had doubts about not buying it. So she called Ms. Betty to see if the buffet was still available. Luckly, it was and the price had gone down. It was now only $100. Needless to say, we went back. Who would of thought this would be the finished product...... Separated at birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment